Day 1

So I didn't necessarily pick the best first day to start, but all in all not too bad.

Today was a little celebration down at Manly to celebrate my mother's retirement. Congrats Vicki on finally being free of the daily grind. We all went to Tide cafe, and in preparation, I skipped breakfast entirely to ensure I had the calories free to make sure I didn't go over on the first day. I also budgeted $80 for the entire day, because $20 was not going to cut it. So really I added $60 on day one as a freebie.

Had a pretty good nicoise salad and some arancini balls.... oh and three beers and 2 gin and tonics. Walking back to the train station was actually a little bit of a struggle after that to be honest and I had trouble walking in a straight line. Then again when it comes to anything about me being straight that's always a fucking impossibility anyway really.

I got home, plonked myself on the couch and checked my activity.

500/1000 calories.

Fuck.

So I did what any responsible person does on the first day of a new challenge.

I had a nap. For 2 hours. In my underwear. On the couch.

After waking up and finding I had not miraculously burned 500 calories in my sleep, I dragged myself down and burned the other 500 calories on the elliptical in the gym in my building.

So, I didn't break my budget, I didn't go over my calorie goal, I didn't miss my calorie burning, and I didn't have an emotional breakdown.



Savings: $0

Calories burned: 1000

Calories consumed: 1520


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day 5

Day 3